The Gristmill is a local historical journal published quarterly by the SCHR.
- The Traveling Banjo by Karen Staulters
- H.B. Massey Building: An Historical Restoration by Sue Hansen
- Sawmills in Saratoga County – Leading Industry in Early Years by G. Terry Scharrer
- The Summer of 1874 in Saratoga Springs by Charlie Kuenzel
- Waverly Hall: Ballston Spa’s Social, Cultural and Entertainment Center by Bruce M. Manzer Ph.D.
- Waterford: A Good Place, a Better Tug by Russ VanDervoort
- Preserving Brookside Museum by Jim Richmond
- Lawrence Ruff – Pearl Harbor Hero by Sean Kelleher
- Saratoga County Municipal Historians
- Saratoga County – The fishing grounds of the Mohawk Nation by Charles Hogan
- Franklin Carpenter – Man of Four Wives by Lauren Roberts
- The Kemp House Fire, Ballston Spa, NY and the Pursuit of Better Firefighting Equipment by Rick Reynolds
- Emma We Hardly Knew Ye by Sam McKenzie
- William H. Manning by Paul Perreault
- Politician Memorabilia courtesy of William McPherson
- Con men cause ‘oil rush’ in 1865 by Charles Hogan
- Lincoln’s Guard by Rachael Clothier
- The County Printers by Jim Richmond
- The Remarkable Sherwoods of Ballston Center by Bruce M. Manzer, Ph.D
Fall 2018 – First issue
- Forming History Society was part of community spirit by John Cromie, Esq.
- For Whom the Bell Tolls – Honoring our Veterans by Paul J. Loatman Jr., Ph.D.
- The Father of Clifton Park by John L. Scherer